Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Thursday, April 28, 2011

LAS DELICIA - A COSTA RICAN CAFE IN VAN NUYS

DISCOVERING OUR VALLEY   2011


It was lunch time, and I had a full schedule for the rest of the afternoon. I'd never had Costa Rican food before and the window menu was intriguing and the prices reasonable. So, with my notebook, I took a chance to eat at Las Delicias Authentic Costa Rican Cuisine.
I ordered "hochata" a peanut based iced drink. It sounded really strange, but is was terrific! On the table was a mild salsa and good tortilla chips. My lunch, called a Galito con steak was great. I tried some of the Lizana salsa from a little green-blue bottle. It had a mild fruity taste with a hint of lime - goof stuff.

 Wall decoration - Las Delicias Cafe in Van Nuys - watch it move - Photo by Gerald Fecht for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley 2011  (click on image to enlarge)

A very nice lunch at Las Delicias. 15355 Sherman Way, Van Nuys - (818) 988-8323

No comments: