Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Monday, January 20, 2014

BRAND BOULEVARD WAS PRIVATE IN 1913

BUILDING A GREAT MUSEUM FOR THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY

"San Fernando, Calif.  July 6, 1913 - to Lorena M. Weir -Armona, Calif.    Dear Friend; I came from Ocean Park to San Fernando this A.M. It is over 40 miles. I ate breakfast with my aunt at San Fernando. I am going to Pasadena this P.M. and will drop you a card from there.
- I came on motorcycle."

Brand Boulevard 1913 - historic postcard - Gift to The Museum of the San Fernando Valley from Gary Fredburg 2014  (click on image to enlarge it.)

On the front in faded pencil:  "I made a speed of 60 miles an hour on this boulevard this forenoon."
The sign reads "Private Boulevard - Speed limit 100 miles per hour. Heavy trans prohibited."
The trolly's direction says "Van Nuys."

3 comments:

mrpostcard@charter.net said...

What a great photo card Gary, thanks and keep them coming.

mrpostcard@charter.net said...

What a great photo card Gary, thanks and keep them coming.

mrpostcard@charter.net said...

What a great photo card Gary, thanks and keep them coming.